Before the day of your surgery, log onto One Medical Passport and complete the online medical history. A health history nurse will call you prior to your surgery to review the information about your health to expedite your admission process. The nurse will review special instructions and answer any questions you have. If you have not received a call by 12:00 PM the day before your surgery or if you have additional questions, please call us at (336) 272-0012 and press 3.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Food and Drink
The night before your surgery you may eat a light meal before 11:00 p.m. Do not drink or eat anything after midnight—not even coffee or water. You may brush your teeth, remembering not to swallow anything.
Pain patients may have clear liquids –no dairy, cream or fats– six (6) hours prior to your procedure IF you are having sedation.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking/tobacco after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.
If you are required to have a COVID test prior to your procedure, you will be notified by one of our nurses. To keep our patients and team safe, each patient and caregiver is screened prior to entry. When you enter the parking lot, please follow the signs to the front of the building where a nurse will take your temperature and ask some questions. Each person will be given a wristband and the patient will be permitted to enter the building to begin the registration process. One caregiver may be allowed into the building to wait in the lobby after providing documentation of one of the following: full vaccination status per CDC criteria, recovery from a laboratory confirmed COVID-19 illness, or a negative COVID test within the past 72 hours. We will provide you with a mask and a pen to use while signing documents. Please bring your photo identification, insurance card(s) and method of payment for any financial responsibility. Please leave all other valuables at home or with your caregiver. Your caregiver will be updated throughout your stay by text.
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone 18 years old or over to drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, an interpreter will be provided. Please discuss your specific need with the scheduler in your surgeon’s office and they will relay this information to our facility.